Today I was able to do some tests on my mobile site and blog from various parts of the world and with different handsets. If you are creating mobile content and have a mobile site it’s important to know how your site/content looks like on different phones.
I spend quite sometime to integrate with WURFL, my mobile site and mobile blog, Flash Lite and more… So today I got the chance to test the mobile site how it looks on a Vodafone UK mobile phone. Why I did this? Because this operator begin to apply a strange practice of reformatting mobile web pages with their custom transcoding!! Here more infos and a nice description here on how they screw up the Wall Street mobile site.
Nice!! Vodafone UK mobile users CANNOT visit my mobile site, they are shown my normal site (BTW, no much content there!! YET!! that’s for another post).
Here is a screenshot and here is the normal site.
I cannot imagine what are going through the mobile companies in UK and other places right now. They base their business on detecting a mobile phone. The entire business is based on knowing which handset is accessing your content!!
I will stop here, but someone need to do something!! BTW, this affects Flash Lite too!!